Virginia Tech®home

Becoming an MSE Student

Current Virginia Tech students who wish to declare MSE as their major must apply as during open enrollment.  Information about the application process can be found here:

Students transferring from another university must gain admission to VT ( and the College of Engineering.  Transfer students are encouraged to contact the MSE Academic Adviser as soon as they know they are interested in MSE. The Department will advise you how best to meet the prerequisites to assure a logical ad orderly transition into the program.  Often, this process can be lengthy and early planning is advised.