While it is the student’s responsibility to understand, interpret and know school policies the MSE Adviser offers guidance as you advance to graduation. To offer assistance with this task, the student will meet with the adviser throughout their academic career: 5 times during sophomore year, 3 times during junior year, and twice during the senior year. Additional meetings may be required &/or requested by the student.
Current MSE Students can schedule an appointment with the Academic Adviser by using the “sign-up” tool in Scholar. If you are not a member of the MSE Undergraduate Advising group in scholar please email the adviser directly.
MSE Advising keeps a weekly blog (http://vtmseundergrad.blogspot.com/) during the academic year full of reminders and helpful tools. Students are encouraged to check it often.
MSE Undergraduate Adviser, Michelle Czamanske, is located in 142C Randolph Hall.
- Ceramics and glasses: Dr. David Clark
- Metals and materials characterization: Dr. William Reynolds
- Polymers, biomaterials, and biomedical: Dr. Abby Whittington
- Electronic materials and devices: Dr. Guo-Quan Lu
- Composites and graduate school: Dr. Alex Aning
- Photonics, optical materials, and manufacturing: Dr. Gary Pickrell
- All other inquiries: Dr. David Clark
Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- 213 Holden Hall | 445 Old Turner Street | Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
- Phone: 540-231-6640