From annual fund giving and endowed scholarships to senior class gifts and industry sponsorship, alumni and friends of materials science and engineering are guided by a common mission: Ut Prosim, That I May Serve.
When you make a gift to the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, you help provide K-12 STEM education to area schools, provide materials for foundry classes, and help our students compete at regional and national conferences.
Whether you give $5 or $5,000, your gift makes an impact on the future of the industries and agencies our graduates serve. Help us help them:
- $20 buys metal for a student to cast a Hokie Bird statue in their first foundry class
- $40 buys a set of Kevlar gloves for one student to participate in bladesmithing
- $100 helps send MSE undergraduates into public schools for STEM outreach
- $350 sponsors one student to compete at the Materials Science and Technology annual meeting
- $500 sends a senior design student to compete at the American Society for Metals International conference
Thank you to all our generous supporters. Learn more about ways of giving back to the College of Engineering.