Collegiate assistant professor
- Powder processing and mechanical alloying
- Bulk metallic glasses, metallic glass composites and high entropy alloys
- Polymer and polymer-matrix composites
- Soft magnetic composites for power electronics application
- Materials characterization and structure-property relationships
- Materials and design for additive manufacturing processes
- Solid‐state metal and composite additive manufacturing
Publications and presentations
- Emori, Satoru, Christoph Klewe, Jan-Michael Schmalhorst, Jan Krieft, Padraic Shafer, Youngmin Lim, David A. Smith et al., "Element-Specific Detection of Sub-Nanosecond Spin-Transfer Torque in a Nanomagnet Ensemble," Nano letters 20, no. 11 (2020): 7828-7834.
- Emori, Satoru, Christoph Klewe, Jan-Michael Schmalhorst, Jan Krieft, Padraic Shafer, Youngmin Lim, David A. Smith et al., "Sub-Nanosecond Spin-Transfer Torque in an Ensemble of Superparamagnetic-Like Nanomagnets," arXiv preprint arXiv:2005.03081 (2020)
- H. Elmkharram, A.O. Aning, “Synthesis of Bulk Amorphous Co-C Alloys”, TMS 2016 145th Annual Meeting Exhibition, Nashville, TN, USA, (2016).
- Mackenzie Jones, Alex O. Aning, I. Khalfallah, Hesham Elmkharram, “Pistachio Shell Reinforced Iron Matrix Composites," T16, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA (2016).
- Alex O. Aning, Yaxuan Zhang, Hesham Elmkharram, I. Khalfallah, “Processing of Cu-10 Graphite Composite by High-Energy Ball Milling," T16, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA (2016).
- I. Khalfallah, H. Elmkharram and Alex O. Aning, “Nano-Lamella Structure in Co-C Alloys," Open House, Nanoscale Characterization and Fabrication Laboratory, Virginia Tech, (2014).
- The Mineral, Metals and Materials Society (TMS)
- Materials Science and Technology (MS&T)
- Association for Iron and Steel Technology (AIST)
- International Institute of Welding (IIW)
- Ph.D., materials science and engineering, Virginia Tech, 2021
- M.S., materials science and engineering, Virginia Tech, 2013
- B.S., electrical engineering, Civil Aviation and Meteorology Higher Institute, Asbiah Tripoli, Libya, 1997