Collegiate assistant professor
Areas of work
- Ultra-high vacuum reactive magnetron sputtering
- Epitaxial thin film growth
- 2D layered transition-metal nitrides and carbides
- 2021: H. Zaid, K. Tanaka, C.V. Ciobanu, J.M. Yang, S. Kodambaka, H. Kindlund, "Growth of elastically-stiff, nanostructured, high-entropy alloy nitride, (VNbTaMoW)N/Al2O3(0001) thin film," Scripta Materialia 197, 113813.
- 2020: H. Zaid, K. Tanaka, M. Liao, M.S. Goorsky, S. Kodambaka, H. Kindlund, "Self-Organized Growth of 111-Oriented (VNbTaMoW) N Nanorods on MgO (001)," Nano Letters 21, 577–582.
- 2020: A.B. Mei, H. Kindlund, E. Broitman, L. Hultman, I. Petrov, J.E. Greene, and D.G. Sangiovanni, "Adaptive hard and tough mechanical response in single-crystal B1 VNx ceramics via control of anion vacancies," Acta Materialia 192, 78-88.
- 2019: H. Kindlund, D.G. Sangiovanni, I. Petrov, J.E. Greene, and L. Hultman, "A review of the intrinsic ductility and toughness of hard transition-metal nitride alloy thin film," Thin Solid Films 688, 137479.
- 2018: H. Kindlund, R. Zamani, A. R. Persson, S. Lehmann, L. R. Wallenberg, and K. A. Dick, "Kinetic engineering of wurtzite and zinc blende AlSb shells on InAs nanowires," Nano Letters 18, 5775-5781.
- 2017: H. Kindlund, G. Greczynski, E. Broitman, L. Martínez-de-Olcoz, J. Lu, J. Jensen, I. Petrov, J.E. Greene, J. Birch, and L. Hultman, "V0.5Mo0.5Nx/MgO(001): Composition, nanostructure, and mechanical properties as a function of film growth temperature," Acta Materialia 126, 194-201.
- 2014: H. Kindlund, D.G. Sangiovanni, J. Lu, J. Jensen, J. Birch, V. Chirita, I. Petrov, J.E. Greene, and L. Hultman, Vacancy-induced toughening in hard single-crystal V0.5Mo0.5Nx/MgO(001) thin films, Acta Materialia 77, 394-400.
- 2013: H. Kindlund, D.G. Sangiovanni, L. Martínez-de-Olcoz, J. Lu, J. Jensen, J. Birch, I. Petrov, J.E. Greene, V. Chirita, and L. Hultman, Toughness enhancement in hard ceramic thin films by alloy design, APL Materials 1, 042104.